Saturday, December 1, 2007

I dread of hurting someone all the time.......

The recent controversy over a line in a song in the latest movie named 'Nach Le' made me write this post.
Due to one particular line in a song, the movie was actually banned in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab!! It is said to contain a derogatory remark on a particular community. I mean, who would take it, if you say bad things about their religion, their caste??? Maybe it doesnt hurt so much right now, coz its not my community they are demeaning. But, to be very true, my sentiments towards my religion, my caste, my colour and my country on the whole are not so easily shaken or disturbed. Just coz some one else says bad things about a particular thing, doesnt mean that I should be affected by it.
I mean, come on, has our sentiment, feeling for that subject become so fickle, and so brittle, that it can be broken and hurt by something so small and insignificant????????

In India, now a days, it has become so easy to wage a war. A war that will not be fought between two countries, but a war that will be fought within the country. It is so easy to ignite tension, and so easy to make us; the people of a country that prides itself for its 'Unity in Diversity' notion, to fight amongst ourselves.
The reasons are so petty at times, that one wonders what made all this happen! And please, lets not keep blaming the damn politicians. I am not saying they are not at fault. But hey, have your and my ideologies become so weak, that a few selfish politicians can shake them and hurl them into the space???????????
I wish there was a more subtle and yet powerful way of putting across this issue. I wish that the politicians had the decency(very rarely found in this breed) to give an opportunity to the movie makers(in this particular incident) to make amends.
But alas, what am I expecting here, and from whom...........
But, we as the people of the nation should have the right to 'not accept' this and do what is correct. Hope we all have the courage to do it.

No comments: